Breaded Chicken with Smiles
· 1 chicken breast
· 1 egg
· 60gr flour
· 80gr bread crumbs
· 2 tbsp dry garlic powder
· 1 tbsp dry thyme
· 1 pinch salt
· 1 pinch black pepper
· 100 gr broccoli
· 1 carrot
· 50gr cooking butter
· 7 pcs Smiles
· Start by cutting the chicken breast in to thin fillets
· Season with salt, pepper, dry garlic powder & dry thyme
· Bread the chicken fillets by passing them first in flour, egg & bread crumbs. Reserve.
· Heat a frying pan and add the butter. Let it melt until it starts bubbling
· When the butter starts bubbling, add the chicken fillets to the pan and let them cook on each side for 3min, or until golden brown.
· Removed them from the frying pan, and let them rest using a plate with kitchen paper, to remove the excess butter
· Using a small pot, start by heat up water with a bit of salt.
· When the water starts boiling, pouch the carrots and broccoli for 2minutes.
· Remove them from the pot and reserve.
· Using a large pot, heat up the oil, checking if the oil temperature is ready for frying
· When the oil is hot, use a skimmer to had the smiles to the oil
· Fry them for approximately 3minutes.
· Make sure you flip the smiles and move them inside the oil during the frying period.
· Remove the smiles from the oil, and dry them using kitchen paper.
· Start plating your chicken breast together with the smiles and the pouch vegetable
· Serve together with a lemon wedge